Translate

Thursday, December 13, 2012

My Comparative-Lighting Lab, Second Result

I received my first 4" Glimpse lights yesterday, in an order from 1000Bulbs.com. Here are two photos where a 3000°K 4" Glimpse is at the right. A dimmer, on the Glimpse light only, is set at full brightness. The LSGC package states this is 450 lumens. Much to my dismay, the package also states incandescent equivalence of only "up to 45 watts ." 

In the first photo, the light at left is an old 100 watt incandescent. I see some color difference even against a white background, and about-equal brightness. This is the result I expected, 4" Glimpse brightness B4, that of 100 watt incandescent, and 6" Glimpse yet-brighter, by 50%.













In the second photo, the light at left is a brand-new Utilitech #0338931 Warm White 3000°K LED bulb, rated 800 lumens, drawing 13.5 watts and with intended 60-watt  incandescent equivalence. This bulb is a licensed representation of the Philips bulb that was awarded an L-Prize. This bulb has expected adverse shape factor, formed to illuminate about a bulb centerpoint through a range of 300°. The Utilitech bulb is less bright than the 450 lumens 4" Glimpse, by perhaps 50%, and with equal color. Accept Brightness Number B2.4, the proper 60% of the illumination by a 100 watt incandescent, B4.

I am puzzled by the in-photo rainbow in both photos, about a light of bulb shape.













I am up early and engaged in this, to proceed in a challenge of brightness ratings by proven-wrong methods. I want illumination superiority of plate LEDs to be weighed in their favor, to speed demise of all bulb lighting, inferior for both quality of illumination, and, by large margin, in energy efficiency. I would kill all manufacturing of can lights. I will never buy another light bulb of any kind. I love the LED plates on all of my ceilings, and only want evolution to bring DC strings and artistic starry-sky effects.

Read more . .

No comments: