Translate

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Inspiring Young People to Become Carpenters: Just Learn How to Install a Prefit Door!

At 2020 International Builders Show I was educated by the team of Rick Arnold and Gary Katz, presenting  Problem-free Prefit Doorsas the Katz Roadshow . The half-hour-long demonstration was a rerun for me, and yet I know I need much practice to overcome wrong intuition applied in the only-three doors I have installed so far.

 At wrap-up, we were offered pencils labeled with a URL, thus:









We were told: Go to the URL on this pencil, where you will see preserved to be viewed for free, all the good information you have learned here. Pass the pencil on to some young person who might win a carpentry job, just by knowing, really knowing, how to hang a prefit door. And I immediately did that, giving my pencil to a young person next to me on the city bus to my hotel that evening.  I picked up two replacement pencils the next day.

Only now, six weeks later, I have tested whether the URL by itself might give the intended inspiration. Go there , and see.




























Recall that "prefit door" is the subject and enter that in the search bar. Then read the full article,  (Click this caption.)

Problem-free Prefit Doors


It is photo and text instruction, a bit like my blog, not the video I imagined. At bottom is this link to the promised video instruction:










A bit of education may open doors of opportunity.

No comments: