Translate

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Better Knife For Cutting Fiberglass Batts?

Amazon knows I am interested in Victorinox knives. This knife was offered  today:





















Victorinox 12-Inch Granton Edge Slicing Knife with Fibrox Handle


I doubt it is better than my current tool for cutting fiberglass batts, having a "Wavy Edge."













The fibrox handle appears to be more suitable for my purpose. The wider blade may cut straighter.

I'll accept that blogging brings responsibility. I just bought the "granton edge" knife, and will report a comparison in cutting fiberglass batts. 

And, here is the result:
The wavy edge blade is the winner. The new granton edge knife is sharper, but is not a tenth as good at making progress in a fiberglass batt. Very frustrating. 

Teeth are essential, but if blunt, as with a wood saw, leave messy fragments. The wavy edge blade just cuts, cleanly.

No comments: